At the begginning it was supose to be a
hospital for natives. The church was built in 1556 by Juan Tomás
Tuyru Túpac and it is located 6 blocks away from the Plaza de Armas.
This church as well as some others has some very important artwork,
the pulpit was made by Juan Tomas Tuyru Túpac in 1706 who also made
the image of Virgen Purificada or de la Candelaria and the image of
Apóstol San Pedro.